Thank you for organising or thinking of organising an event in the Yorkshire region.
As a board, we are here to assist you in getting your cycle event off the ground, assisting with risk assessments, event registration and the loan of any event equipment. If you have never organised an event before and would like some advice or guidance please contact our Regional Events Officer, Peter Sutton. Peter will be more than happy to guide you through the process. Click here to contact Peter.
Pre – Event Paperwork
- Road & Track Registration Form
- Application for a Permit to Promote a Road Race, Circuit Race or Time Trial
- Road & Track Event Fees Table
- Technical Services Booking Form
- Vehicle Insurance Documentation, Vehicle Insurance Letter, Vehicle Registration Form
- Event Notification and Risk Assesment Form
- Official’s signing on sheets
- Rider’s signing on sheets (Excel Format)
Post – Event Paperwork
National Escort Group (NEG)
The National Escort Group was formed to provide an accredited group of motorcyclists trained to assist with the safety of events held on the public highway. Only members of the NEG are allowed to be motorcycle marshals at an event.
The region currently has several NEG riders, with the number growing as interested motorcyclists go through the training course.
Having the NEG at your event will help to ensure the event runs smoothly once out on the road, keeping not only the riders and the convoy safe but also all other road users.
Organisers who have had the NEG at their events have all said how much better the event had run with them assisting. Any organiser wanting the NEG at their event should contact Stuart Wallace who is our regions NEG co-ordinator. Click here to contact Stuart.